BUTT WINK CURE
BUTT WINK QUICK FIX (DO THIS RIGHT BEFORE YOU SQUAT TODAY)
A “Butt Wink” is a code word for:
1. a hip that out of control
2. someone who sits too long without “resetting”
3. a posterior pelvic tilt (flat butt appearance)
There are many muscles that can be out of balance in a person who has a “butt wink” but one quick way that may allow for the joints to move a little smoother when you squat is a BANDED HIP FLEXION.
Here are some simple instructions:
1. test your squat.
2. lying on back, wrap band high on femur.
3. keep opposite leg extended while flexing banded leg to 90 degrees.
4. keeping a downward pressure on the knee, perform small flexions from hip (i.e. bring knee to chest) for 90 to 120 seconds.
5. repeat on other leg.
6. re-test your squat.
REMEMBER, mobility drills can help you get some instant changes. This is important because you will reduce your chances for injury.
This one exercise can’t completely prevent problems. We have to understand that if you hips have changes position, then all the structures above and below have been altered and stressed out.
Please use the following video for ideas of where you may to loosen, strengthen and how to re-program how you move in and out of of the squat pattern.