SHOULDERS ROLL = GLUTES SLEEP
IF YOUR BUTT DOESN’T HURT AFTER YOUR SQUAT, IT IS YOUR SHOULDER’S FAULT!!!!
Assessments come in many forms. One way to assess is by getting feedback from your client or athlete.
Too many times I hear from athletes that they never “feel” their glutes after a big squat day.
REPEAT AFTER ME: “IF YOU DON’T FEEL IT, IT ISN’T WORKING!”
We all understand that squat’s are the king of leg exercises. We also understand that even with varying placement’s of the bar on our back, that the squat movement is heavily dominated by your glutes.
One of the biggest problems we find in folks that “feel” their glutes has more to with shoulder position than anything else.
Here is how the link is made:
1. A shoulder the rolls forward.
2. A tightening of the opposite hip flexor.
3. A weakening of the glute.
4. A movement pattern the is compromised.
SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?
A lot of work, to:
1. re-position an unaligned joint.
2. relax a series of overworked muscles.
3. restore work capacity in lengthened muscles.
4. re-program your brain how to move.
It is a process.
Use the video to get your glute and shoulder working together.